Friday 19 April 2019

Sunny Studio Best Fishes

Hi everyone! Lexa here today with a card featuring the brand new Best Fishes Stamps and the coordinating dies. I bet you enjoyed last week sneak peek through the new releases. So many wonderful new goodies right there, a week full of inspirations! So here's my take to create something from one of the cutest new stamp sets.


I start with an idea of vertical aquarium on my card. So I make 5.5"x1" and 5.5"x2" white stripes from a cardstock. and create another 5.5"x2" with a watercolor paper. I think it's been a while since I did my favorite watercolor background like this. I use Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather, Tumbled Glass and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks to create the background. I just simply scribble some of them on a plastic sheet and sprayed a good amout of water to kind of blend them together. Then I put the watercolor paper on it. Yes, it's that simple really.

I stamped the images from Best Fishes with Versafine black ink and watercolor them with Distress Inks. After I finished with the coloring, I use the coordinating dies to cut all the pieces in one go. Aren't they the cutest? I love them all, especially the hammer head shark! I also add rosy cheeks and googly eyes on them to add extra cuteness. I also stamped some bubbles with blue dye ink on the background. I want to keep rest of the card simple and white to keep the vertical aquarium the main point of my card.


That's all for today, I hope you like today's post and my card as much as I do. Thank you so much for stopping by today and have an amazing day!


No comments:

Post a Comment