Friday 29 June 2018

Sunny Studio : Shadow Box Mermaid Card

Hello everyone! Lexa here today with a new technique inside shadow box card that I've learned from Jennifer McGuire's youtube chanel. I just love this kind of simple yet surprising greeting cards, they will make anyone's day. Don't you think so? I use the older stamp sets from Sunny Studio called Oceans Of Joy and Magical Mermaids.


I keep the front card simple and adorable, I use the turqoise polkadots patterned paper from Polka-Dot Parade just because polkadot is life. Yes, I love it that much. I create a circle panel with basic dies then blend Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Inks. I also stamp some bubbles with matching dye inks on the background. All the images are stamped with Versafine black ink and watercolored with Distress Markers like I always do. I curve the sentiment and stamp it on the bottom part of the circle. The adorable turtle along with his little friends bring two baloons for someone inside this card..


Ok, this is the most exciting part... when you open the card, it creates a shadow box inside. Look who's here? The little mermaid and her little fellas. I love it so much and I think I will make ton of cards like this in the future. I adhere some of the images in the front panel and some of them in the back to create a proper dimensions..


This is how the card looks like from different side. I stamp "happy birthday" inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment